Gloriavale And Dilworth Leaders Among Those To Be Questioned In Upcoming Abuse In Care Public Hearing
Media Release | Abuse in Care Royal Commission of Inquiry |
The responses of faith institutions to abuse and neglect of children, young people and vulnerable adults in their care will be examined by the Royal Commission of Inquiry during a public hearing from 13 to 20 October.
The Royal Commission will question the following faith institutions about their failures to provide adequate care and respond to allegations of abuse and neglect:
- Gloriavale Christian Community
- Dilworth School
- Anglican Church in Aotearoa New Zealand
- St Patrick’s College, Silverstream
- Dioceses and congregations of the Catholic Church of Aotearoa New Zealand
- Wesley College
- Methodist Church of New Zealand
- Presbyterian Support Central
- Presbyterian Support Otago
- Presbyterian Church of Aotearoa New Zealand
Multiple witnesses from each faith organisation have been called to give evidence. A full hearing schedule and witness list are below.
Further reading: Gloriavale and Dilworth leaders among those to be questioned